Schedule Date: August 12 - November 17 (weather dependent)
Location Detail: Clyde Park Avenue to Gordon Industrial Drive
The Kent County Road Commission has contracted Davis Construction to replace Byron No. 25 bridge over Buck Creek, located about 400 feet east of Clyde Park Avenue. The road will alos be widened from 4 lanes to 5 lanes, to create a center turn lane for the entire length of the project. Grand Elk Railroad will also replace the railroad signal.
The road will be open to local traffic throughout the project; however, the bridge and railroad signal work will require complete closure of the roadway at certain periods of the construction process. These tasks will be staggered so that businesses between the bridge and the railroad will always have access from one side or the other.
· 76th Street base paving: Saturday, November 9
· 76th Street top course: Friday, November 15
· 76th Street striping: Monday, November 17
· New Projected Completion: November 17
· Work is weather dependent and schedule is subject to change
Contractor: Davis Construction
Detour for through traffic