Seasonal Weight & Speed Restrictions Enforced Beginning February 13
Beginning Monday, February 13, Seasonal Weight and Speed Restrictions will be enforced by the following agencies*:
- Barry County Road Commission
- Ionia County Road Department
- Kent County Road Commission (KCRC)
- Montcalm County Road Commission
- Newaygo County Road Commission
- City of Kentwood
- City of Walker
*Note that Oceana County Road Commission began seasonal weight and speed restrictions on Wednesday, February 8 at 6 a.m.
The intent of the restrictions is to protect the integrity of the road when frost is coming out of the ground. On roads with seasonal restrictions, normal legal loads must be reduced by approximately 35% and truck vehicle speeds reduced to 35 mph.
- Those with truck-related questions may contact the Michigan Trucking Association at 1-800-MTA- 4MTA (1-800-682-4682).
- The KCRC Seasonal Weight and Speed Restriction Hotline: 616-336-2019
- More information regarding KCRC’s Weight Restriction & Bonding Policy is available here.
- Permit Information for Oversize/Overweight
- KCRC Truck Operators Map that identifies all-season roads and restricted roads