Seasonal Weight & Speed Restrictions Enforced Beginning March 8
Beginning Friday, March 8 at 6 a.m., Seasonal Weight and Speed Restrictions will be enforced by the following agencies:
Kent County Road Commission, Barry County Road Commission, Ionia County Road Commission, Montcalm County Road Commission Muskegon County Road Commission and the cities of Kentwood and Walker.
The intent of the restrictions is to protect the integrity of the road when frost is coming out of the ground. Normal legal loads must be reduced by approximately 35% and truck vehicle speeds reduced to 35 mph.
- Those with truck-related questions may contact the Michigan Trucking Association at 1-800-MTA- 4MTA (1-800-682-4682).
- The KCRC Seasonal Weight and Speed Restriction Hotline: 616-336-2019
- More information regarding KCRC’s Weight Restriction & Bonding Policy is available www.kentcountyroads.net.
- Permit Information for Oversize/Overweight
- KCRC Truck Operators Map that identifies all-season roads and restricted roads