A permit is required from KCRC for any work performed in the county road right-of-way. This includes residential and commercial driveways, sidewalks and non-motorized pathways, landscaping, utilities and oversized/overweight trucking.

In addition, KCRC is the designated Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control (SESC) Enforcing Agency for Kent County and the cities of East Grand Rapids, Grandville and Wyoming. An SESC permit is required for any activity within 500 feet of a lake or stream.

Applications may be completed online or emailed to or delivered the Permit Department, 1900 4 Mile Road, Walker, MI 49544.

When applicable, payment may be mailed to Kent County Road Commission, Permit Department, 1900 4 Mile Road NW, Walker, MI 49544. KCRC also accepts online payments, not to exceed $5,000.

The Permit Department can also be reached by phone at: 616-242-6920.