Kent County Road Commission Permits

A permit is required from KCRC for any and all work performed in the County road right-of-way. This includes residential and commercial driveways, sidewalks and non-motorized pathways, landscaping, utilities and oversized overweight trucking. In addition, KCRC is the designated Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control (SESC) Enforcing Agency for Kent County and the cities of East Grand Rapids, Grandville and Wyoming. An SESC permit is required for any activity within 500 feet of a lake or stream.

Completed applications may be emailed to; faxed to 616-336-4397; or delivered the Permit Department, 1900 4 Mile Road, Walker, MI 49544. When applicable, payment may be mailed to Kent County Road Commission, Permit Department, 1900 4 Mile Road NW, Walker, MI 49544.

KCRC now accepts online payments, not to exceed $2,000. To click here to make an online payment.

Category Navigation

Permit Fees

The Kent County Road Commission has updated its permit fees. Consequently, invoices or charges dated January 1, 2022, or later will reflect the updated fee structure, which is provided below.